Providing care for children or family members with disabilities, complex or life limiting conditions impact Carers in different ways. This could be physical, emotional, social, financial, or spiritual just to mention a few; and in many instances, a combination of all these factors. In my personal experience, it has been a combination of all these factors and so much more! I have learnt however, that the decisions we make or are not able to make through our individual journeys in this terrain go a long way to determine the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘when’ of our lives.
At OAKONSULT we are passionate about empowering and supporting Carers to garner inner strength and forge ahead in their individual lives notwithstanding the associated challenges. Using biblical principles in workshops and bespoke training programs, we seek to equip Carers with necessary skills to support themselves and enable them to carry out their caring responsibilities effectively. These training programs provide life transforming experience, potent and sustainable for purposeful living.
Bespoke training programs for Carers
- The Carer and Time Management
- The Carer and Relationship Management
- The Carer’s Career- A possibility?
- Getting Carers into paid work
- Workplace Productivity and the Carer
- Financial Matter for Carers
- Faith and the Carer (A Free Course)
We also offer a special program called ‘PROJECT ME’!
‘Project Me’ aims to support the Carer to find fulfilment and purpose in her caring role; and to push beyond boundaries for herself!
Project Me will therefore:
- give Carers the courage to let go
- allow Carers to set their minds free to dream again
- give Carers the encouragement needed to pursue personal dreams
- liberate Carers from the ‘guilt’ of personal success or achievement
- give opportunities for Carers to learn from and give support to one another.
This is offered as a group workshop over a 3- day period and is inclusive of well-being package offers/massage therapies/information on healthy living/beauty therapies and goodie bags for carers.