In partnership with Joni & Friends Ministry (USA), we train and work with churches to create Special Needs group/unit focused on meeting the needs and integrating people with special needs/ or disability in church life.
Beyond Suffering Course (BYS) - A Christian Perspective to Disability
People with disabilities are considered one of the world’s largest under-represented groups. The church is largely unprepared for the burgeoning disabled population.
- Have you ever suffered physically, emotionally, or spiritually and wondered why?
- Do you have family members or friends with disabilities and struggle to know what to say or how to act around them?
Beyond Suffering Course has been designed by the Joni and Friends Ministry (USA) to explore the problem of suffering in general and then to examine ways in which the disability community provides the church with a dynamic model of spiritual transformation.
The BYS Course seeks to:
- provide a deeper understanding of the disability community and the church’s obligation to reach out to those who are most vulnerable
- address the issue of suffering as a Christian and implications for how the Christian community views the issues of disability
- learn to embrace the student’s own brokenness in a whole new way
Who is this for?
The BYS Course Prepares:
- Leaders in ministry, education, medicine, and science to become involved in this life-changing ministry
- Students in the seminary and other Bible Colleges and Institutions
- Individuals seeking to know and understand more of the theology of suffering in a broken world
- Parent/Carers of anyone with disabilities seeking for more understanding and answers to those difficult questions e.g., why did God allow my child or loved one to have disabilities despite my faith? Why has God not healed or deliver in line with Biblical examples?
OAKONSULT DISABILITIES OUTREACH offers the BYS to the above listed audiences and delivers the course in Churches, Conferences or as workshops.
For more information or to participate in the Beyond Suffering Course (BYS), please email firstname.lastname@example.org