Olufunke will inspire your audience to:
- Know God’s mind about disabilities
- Create a more inclusive environment in your church/organization/group
- Be more deliberate about reaching out to people with disabilities
- Become a disability friendly church/organization/group/community
- Support more families affected by disabilities
I speak to faith and non-faith-based audiences at: Carer’s Groups, Women forums, Retreats, Churches and Conferences.
I have found out that absolutely nothing prepares you for the disability of your child. Even though some parents have the ‘opportunity’ of knowing about their children’s condition during pregnancy, the reality of ‘life as a Carer’ still pales until you begin to live it! In my situation, we had no idea we would be going on this route until after 18 months of nurturing a healthy child!
As Carers therefore,
- How do you navigate this terrain?
- What are the nagging questions?
- Where is God in all this?
- How do you move on from here?
I speak on these sometimes-sensitive issues with candor and clarity; I challenge, inspire and motivate my audience by combining biblical principles with the practicalities needful for an empowered and purposeful life as a Carer.
Some of the topics I speak on are:
- Accepting the ‘Detour’
- What has ‘FAITH’ got to do with it?
- He gives peace
- When it’s all quiet
- Coming home to myself – coming home to God
- The Carer and the family